This recipe has been on my “to-make” list for far too long. As soon as a I made it, I realized why! It’s so simple, yet so delicious. Don’t tell my mum, but it’s sort of a better, grown-up version of the dijon chicken that she made for us often as kiddos.
While I made my chicken and baked it immediately, Ina even claims you can batter it in advance and bake it later. Maybe next time!
Ina’s Crispy Mustard Chicken
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt & black pepper
- 2 c. panko
- 1 T. lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 2 T. olive oil
- 2 T. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 c. Dijon
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 3-4 lb of chicken
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine garlic, 2 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. pepper, panko, lemon zest, olive oil, and butter. (Ina says to food process, I did this by hand). Pour into a large plate.
- In another large, shallow plate/bowl, whisk together mustard and wine.
- Dry chicken with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in mustard/wine. Then, place it skin side down into the crumb mixture, pressing gently.
- Place on sheet pan and press more breadcrumbs where needed.
- Bake for ~30 minutes.
- Raise heat to 400F and bake another 10 min until crumbs are browned.