During a recent Sunday brunch hosting, I opted to commandeer the orangy vinaigrette of Ina’s Orange & Roquefort Salad, but made it a bit my own. It was fruity and springy and my guests loved the vinaigrette. Shall we call her a “fruity cobb?” I don’t think she’ll mind. That’s the salad, not Ina.
Fruity Cobb Salad with Ina’s Orange Vinaigrette
- One head of green romaine, cleaned and chopped
- One head of purpley romaine, cleaned and chopped
- 1/2 apple, cleaned and diced
- 1 orange, cleaned and diced (from the zest in the dressing)
- 1/4 c. walnut pieces, toasted
- 4 oz. goat cheese, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. grated orange zest
- 2 T. fresh orange juice
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Combine dressing ingredients, set aside until time to dress.
- Place greens in a bowl, tossing lightly with salt and pepper.
- Layer apples, oranges, walnuts, and cheese across the top of the salad. (Imagine bacon or onions would also be a nice addition).
One Comment Add yours