If I told you that I knew what you’d be eating two days from now for breakfast, would you believe me? You should, because I’m a psychic. Well, a baking psychic. That’s psychic with an ‘-ic,’ not with an ‘-o.’ Thanks very much.
That’s right, two days ago I made my world famous berry good berry coffee cake in advance of brunch today, because sometimes that’s just how time works out, OK? AND IT WAS THE BEST CAKE YET! Hallelujah! I love a good life hack and an accidental one is even better.
Berry Good Blueberry Cake – In Advance
- Follow the recipe, leaving out the blueberries for now.
- Keep the batter and set that in an air-tight container.
- Wash the blueberries and kept them separately in their plastic chamber.
- Make the topping into crumbles and refrigerated that seperately too.
- Cut your pan parchment in advance.
Two days later…..
- Preheat the oven.
- Spray your pan.
- Stir in the blueberries into the batter.
- Top with crumbly bits.
- Bake and have a mimosa while doing so.
SO, SO Good. And you can stay in bed a little longer which of course, is even better than this cake, but not by much.
Please try this recipe and let me know how it turns out!