Leftover whipped sweet potatoes crowding your fridge? I can attest that shoving them in some waffle batter is an excellent use of their efforts for breakfast the next day and perform equally as well in the toaster on day two.
Sweet Potato Casserole Waffles
- 2 c. flour
- 4 T. sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 c. milk
- 6 T. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1.5 c. sweet potato casserole or whipped sweet potatoes
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- Preheat waffle iron, spray with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Then, create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- In another container, whisk eggs into milk, then combine with melted butter and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into the well of dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes then pecans
- Scoop mixture into the pre-heated waffle iron and remove when complete.
- To keep warm while cooking the batter, place waffles on a cooling rack seated on a jellyroll pan in the oven at about 250F.