For a recent Italian brunch I hosted, I opted for a different salad and very glad I did as it was quite delicious. The recipe from Saveur is conveniently the name of this dish. A new go-to for certain that also looks nice spread across a platter rather than mixed in a bowl
Arugula with Pecorino, Pine Nuts, and Pears
- 1 c. boiling water
- 1/4 c. raisins
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 T. lemon juice
- 2 ripe pears, thinly sliced into similar triangle shape as Pecorino
- 5oz. arugula
- 4 oz. Pecorino, cut into similar triangle shape as pears
- 3 T. toasted pine nuts
- Combine water and raisins. Allow to sit for 20 minutes and drain.
- Toss pears in a bowl with lemon juice. Set aside.
- Toast pine nuts and set aside.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss arugula with enough (not all) of this mixture to your liking. Reserve extra liquid.
- Spread arugula across the bottom of a platter. Top with pears, Pecorino, raisins, and pine nuts.
- Drizzle with a little extra dressing.
- Serve immediately.