Last weekend I hosted a small brunch on a whim and invented this adorable dessert with what I had in the fridge. Flat peach parfaits it would be. Make sure you try the flat or “plat” as they say here peaches this summer. Definitely a new favorite for me.
- 1/2 package of shortbread style cookies, crushed
- 3 T. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 small flat peaches, diced
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1-2 tsp. Amaretto
- 1 tsp. chopped basil (if feeling bright and wild)
- whipped cream
- In a small bowl combine crushed cookies, butter, cinnamon and salt. Stir together until pea-sized balls form.
- In another small bowl, toss peaches with cinnamon, sugar, basil, and Amaretto. Allow to sit for at least 15 minutes.
- In small champagne coupes, wine glasses, or other pretty small bowls, place a layer of cookie crumble, then a layer of whipped cream, then peaches. Repeat.
- Garnish with a few other cookie crumbs, sprinkle of cinnamon, and a mint leaf.