Ever continuing my quest for Funk Food – that’s faux junk food for those of you who can look at the stuff without gaining ten pounds – today, I test drove garlic cauliflower “bread sticks.” Let me just tell you these made my heart do a happy dance and that TWO of them equal ONE WW point if you’re counting like sometimes I am.
Why don’t you go ahead and get moving on this? It’s a gross, rainy day and you know that you want turn on a movie and snuggle up to some garlicy, cheesy pillows of delight and I’m not talking Italian boobies.
Don’t be scared, prior to finishing the bread loaf looks like a mutant from the sea.
The after effect is quite spectacular and looks like something out of a Pizza Hut.
Whispers <I want you inside me>.
Cauliflower Bread Sticks
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 T. shredded mozzarella
- 2 T. shredded cheddar
- Pinch of Italian seasoning
- Pizza sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a bread loaf pan with parchment paper so that the excess paper hangs over the sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a small pan over low heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about one minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a food processor rice the cauliflower florets.
- Microwave the cauliflower rice for 8 minutes.
- Place the cauliflower in a tea towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out as much moisture as you can. Oh, and don’t burn yourself. I wore an oven mit while doing this.
- Transfer the cauliflower rice to a mixing bowl, add the egg, mozzarella, Italian seasoning, garlic oil, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Spread cauliflower into the lined loaf pan.
- Bake until loaf turns golden, about 25-30 minutes.
- Carefully lift the loaf from the pan using the parchment paper handles. Flip onto lined baking sheet.
- Bake another 10 minutes.
- Top with cheeses and broil for a minute or two until bubbly.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes and cut into 10 bread sticks.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and serve with pizza sauce.