Last weekend’s kitchen theme was Chrissy Teigan’s second cookbook. Everything is easy and spicy just like my Saturday night quarantine DJ, so get ready for a slew of flavor. First up, Spicy Asparagus. Exactly what it sounds like.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 T. butter
- 2 T. chopped chives
- Wash asparagus and remove the tough ends.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, red pepper flakes, paprika, and salt & pepper.
- Cook until tender 2-3 minutes.
- Add butter and toss to coat. (could also skip this step!)
- Season as desired and top with chives.