My girl Ina claimed this was an easy one and I needed something simple to take to a small dinner party so I put my quest in her capable hands and she delivered as always. Ingredients on hand plus seasonal fruit was an astounding success that resulted in requests for seconds as well as the recipe. Hello, new standby!
Sides looking high and tight thanks to a springform pan.
Ina’s Peach & Almond Torte
- 3 plat peaches (or 2 large regular peaches)
- 2 T. Grand Marnier
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 T. raw sugar
- 2 T. sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 7″ springform pan, set aside.
- Slice peaches into wedges and combine with Grand Marnier. Set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar, beating about two minutes until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla and almond extracts.
- Slowly add in flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared springform pan, smoothing the top.
- Gently press the peaches in concentric circles into the top of the batter.
- Sprinkle peaches with almonds, again pressing them into the mixture gently.
- Sprinkle top of cake with the raw sugar.
- Bake about 50-55 minutes.