Wow- Ina’s nuts are DELICIOUS! These savory, slightly sweet nuts are going to be in regular rotation of my apero menus. My guests agreed that these were the standout of the meal and I’m only sad I sent a nice chunk of them away as part of my lovely hostess duties.
- ~6-7 c. mixed nuts (walnuts are the standout here, so go heavy with them)
- 2 T. + vegetable oil
- 1/3 c. maple syrup
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 3 T. orange juice
- 2 tsp. chipotle powder
- 4 T. minced rosemary
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Coat pan with vegetable oil.
- Mix together 2 T. vegetable oil, maple syrup, brown sugar, orange juice, and chipotle powder.
- Toss nuts with on the pan with this mixture.
- Spread nuts in one layer and roast 25 minutes. Stirring twice with a metal spatual to dig up the coating on the bottom.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with rosemary and Kosher salt.
- Stores well for about a week.