Need a simple and ludicrously easy impressive looking snack that you’ll also find as the starter of The Cape hotel in Cabo? Thought so. What a happy accident to stumble into this no-recipe recipe!
Spring Roll Crisps
- Spring roll wrappers (dry)
- Vegetable oil
- Paprika, chili-lime powder, or other seasoning
- Cut or break spring roll wrappers into approximate halves- they’ll break in other shapes anyway.
- Coat the bottom of a large non-stick skillet with vegetable oil- it does not need to be very deep. Allow to become hot med-high to high, a 7-8 worked well on my stovetop out of 9.
- Carefully drop the halves of the spring roll wrappers into hot oil and allow them to curl and become white in color. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle immediately with paprika, chili powder, or other seasoning.
- Keep for a few days wrapped loosely in foil.