Still have apples from your overly curated IG apple picking? Thought you might… why don’t I introduce you to my Grandmother’s apple harvest cake recipe. It’s a family tradition, ludicrously simple, and succinctly captures that fall magic in every bite.
Harvest Apple Cake
- 4 c. chopped apples, about 3 apples
- 2 c. sugar
- 3 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c. chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour a fluted bundt pan. Set aside.
- Mix together apples and sugar. Allow to sit for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir by hand- add flour, baking soda, salt, oil, eggs, vanilla, walnuts, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake about 55 minutes until golden and firm.
- Once cooled, make a simple glaze of confectioner’s sugar and water, drizzle on cake as desired.