Let me help you with your weekend to-do list: 1. Make Ina’s Herby Baked Eggs. The recipe is ludicrously simple, but somehow so satisfying and nearly transportation to a Parisian bistro. The best part, you likely have all of the ingredients in your fridge already. Sunday morning, voila!
Ina’s Herby Baked Eggs
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 T. parsley
- 1 T. fresh chives, chopped
- Pinches of any other fresh herbs on hand
- 2 large eggs
- 1 T. heavy cream
- 1/4 T. butter
- Salt & pepper
- Place oven rack 6 inches from top of oven and preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl combine garlic, herbs, and Parmesan.
- In another bowl, crack eggs, careful not to break the yolks and set aside.
- In an individual ramekin or gratin dish, add the butter and cream. Place under broiler for 3 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Remove dish from oven and carefully pour the eggs into the hot ramekin. Sprinkle with herb mixture and salt and pepper.
- Return to broiler for 5 minutes, until egg whites are nearly cooked, but yolks remain runny (or cook those too if you like).
- Cool for a minute and serve with bread for sopping up any keeping runny yolks.