The ridiculous title of this blog post makes me like this recipe even more than I already do. Of course Ina’s salmon tacos would be straight fire, I’m just surprised at how good something so simple can be. Jefferey certainly is not. I made a few adjustments since I’m just one lady (who hates dill) and turned the tacos into a taco bowl because… swim suits. This flavorful bowl of crunchy goodness is bound to be on repeat.
Ina’s Roasted Salmon Tacos
- 1/4 small head of green cabbage, thinly sliced, about 1″ long
- 1/2 of a seedless cucumber, thinly sliced, about 1″ long
- 1 T. purple onion, thinly sliced, about 1″ long
- 1 T. red bell pepper, thinly sliced, about 1″ long
- 1/4 c. shredded carrots and celery root
- 2 T. white wine vinegar
- 1 T. olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 2 center-cut filets of salmon
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Zest of one lime
- Salt & pepper
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 Avocado, sliced into chunks
- Combine all of your slaw ingredients and allow them meld with the oil and vinegar while you prepare the salmon.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Brush a baking dish with olive oil and place the salmon filets in it.
- In a small bowl combine chili powder, lime zest, salt, and pepper.
- Squeeze 1/2 of the lime over the salmon filets.
- Sprinkle the chili power mixture over the salmon.
- Bake about 13 minutes – depending how thick your salmon is.
- To serve, place the slaw in a fresh bowl (liquid remains in the first one), place salmon on top. Over the avocado chunks, add a bit of salt and squeeze the other half of the lime.