Crunchy, creamy, savory goodness- I can now understand why Cauliflower Toast (with a simple green salad) is one of Ina’s purported favorite lunches. It’s perfect for a cool day as comfort food and cut into much smaller pieces would be an excellent apero snack with a glass of something bold and red.
Ina’s Cauliflower Toast
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 T. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt & pepper
- 12oz. mascarpone, room temp
- 6oz. grated Gruyere
- 4oz. julienned proscuitto
- 1/4 tsp.nutmeg
- 6 slices of hearty bread
- Grated Parmesan
- Dried chives
- Flaky sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut cauliflower into small 1/2″ florets. On a baking sheet, toss with olive oil, Kosher salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Roast about 20-25 minutes, tossing at halfway mark.
- Allow cauliflower to cool at least 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cooled cauliflower, mascarpone, Gruyere, proscuitto, nutmeg, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. black pepper.
- Toast the bread then place on a baking sheet.
- Mound cauliflower mixture onto the toast and sprinkle with paprika.
- Broil toast 2-4 minutes until bubbly.
- Just before serving sprinkle with Parmesan, chives, and sea salt.