Salami bombs…otherwise known as pepperoni bombs or prosciutto bombs, depending on your fancy. I personally shall stick with salami bombs for the chuckle it elicits as they sound like perhaps they should be on another website. 😉
Really, tough these were the simplest appetizer and froze well too. What could be easier than prepping these for your next fete, whether rated G or something more akin to the thematic of a salami bomb.
- One package of pre-made pizza dough
- 6 mozzarella cheese sticks
- 2 short sticks of salami
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle of Italian seasoning or parsley
- Pizza sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grease a jelly roll pan with a thin coating of olive oil.
- On a large cutting board, unroll the pizza dough. With a pizza cutter, cut dough into approximately 2″x2″ squares.
- Cut salami in half length wise then again into ~1/2″ chunks.
- Cut cheese into 1/2″ chunks.
- Place one piece of salami and one piece of cheese in the center of each square of pizza dough. Fold of the sides to create a small package and place seam-side down on greased pan.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, cheese, and seasoning. With a pastry brush, brush mixtures over each salami bomb.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Or place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Can be served with pizza sauce for dipping.