My experiments with puff pastry entertaining continues… this week it’s a blend of ingredients that tastes like a tiny pizza pinwheel. This is certainly a simple one to spin into your regular apero rotation.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 2 T. Dijon mustard
- 2 T. mayo
- 1 tsp. Italian herbs
- 4 pieces of herby proscuitto
- 1/2 c. shredded Parmesan
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll puff pastry into a flat sheet on a large cutting board.
- Mix together in a small bowl- mustard, mayo, & herbs. Spread onto puff pastry leaving a 1/2 inch border.
- Top with sheets of prosciutto.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Roll puff pastry from the small side into a roll. Wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes or overnight if needed to prep for the meal ahead of time.
- Slice roll into 1/2″ pieces. Lay flat on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Lightly beat egg and brush each piece with a bit of egg wash.
- Bake 20 minutes until golden brown.