All I can say is that I have no excuses. I don’t know why it’s taken me so long to make this salad. It is so simple, but the perfect mix of sweet, savory, crunchy, creamy. All the things. The dressing sounds like a weird combo of ingredients, but is truly next level. Don’t make the same mistake I did and break out your salad bowls and emulsifiers today.
Asian Pear & Avocado Salad
For the salad: (serves one)
- Handful o’ mixed greens
- 1/2 of a crisp pear, diced
- 1/4 of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 of an avocado, diced
- 1/4 c. of sliced almonds, toasted
- Sesame Ginger Dressing for a drizzle
For the Sesame Ginger Dressing (makes one cup, for later)
- 1/3 c. mayo
- 1/3 c. peanut oil
- 2 T. rice vinegar
- 2 T. sesame oil
- 1 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. Siracha
- 1/2″ piece of ginger, grated
- 1 clove of garlic, diced
- Combine greens, pear, onion, and avocado in a bowl. Toss.
- Combine salad ingredients in an emulsifier and combine with a hard shake (or an electric shake).
- Drizzle salad with dressing and toss.
- Top with toasted almonds.