The title here really is the backstory. I read that this seemingly odd combo crashed Ina’s site so I had to try these wee potatoes. Out of this world and worthy of said internet crash.
Ina and Emily Roast Potatoes
- Yukon gold potatoes
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil\
- Sea Salt
- Clean then cut potatoes into 2-3″ chunks.
- Bring a pot of very salty water to a boil. Add potatoes and reduce heat to a simmer. Leave for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425F.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot with the lid. Give them a shake around the pot for 5-10 seconds.
- Dump potatoes onto a dry dishcloth to drain and dry for 15 minutes.
- Take a roasting pan and pour over it, 1/2 c. of vegetable oil. Place in 425F oven.
- When oil is smoking, 7ish minutes, remove roasting pan from oven and carefully add potatoes to pan.
- Place pan in oven and reduce heat to 350F. Roast for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and place potatoes in a serving bowl. Sprinkle generously with sea salt and parsley.
Now you’re basically having Sunday lunch in a pub.