https://macaronsandmayhem.com/2021/01/05/new-years-cabbage-pancakes/In my continued quest for additional luck in 2021, I made this spicy pork and zucchini stir fry for new year’s to be the main dish to my New Year’s Cabbage Pancakes. This dish was beyond simple to make and honestly, isn’t all that spicy so feel free to add more samabal oelek to your tastes. Most importantly, it pairs excellently with everyone’s favorite, Sweet and Salty Coconut Rice.
Spicy Pork and Zucchini Stir Fry
- For the Sauce:
- 3 T. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. ground ginger or 1 T. fresh grated ginger
- 1 T. sambal oelek
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- For the Stir Fry:
- 2 T. canola oil
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 3 scallions, sliced
- Combine all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise, then slice into 1/2″ chunks.
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook undisturbed in 30 second intervals so it browns nicely. Be sure to break up and cook through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pork to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Add zucchini to pan with a touch more oil if needed. Stir fry until just tender, ~5 minutes.
- Return pork to skillet and toss with zucchini to warm.
- Add sauce to pan and toss to coat.
- Serve over coconut rice and sprinkle with scallions.
One Comment Add yours