Great greens, it’s a healthy post! A move out, followed by a move in without cookware and a birthday….the last couple weeks have been a bit indulgent. And by indulgent, I mean weirdly cheese heavy, but not that weird, because Switzerland. Thankfully, IKEA sent me a pan and Chrissy Teigan had been advertising this recipe all over her stories, so I just had to try it. It is SO simple and absolutely easy and delicious. No joke, I ate this for five days straight. This would be a killer side for about anything and is nice with the jammy eggs- a new way of hardboiling for me.
All the green thangs….come to mama…
As a side….
As a main…
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 5 c. kale or dark greens
- 2 c. green beans
- 1 c. chicken stock
- Fish sauce
- Soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- Crunchy chili flakes/seasoning
- Prep your veg and garlic.
- Add 2 eggs to a small pot of water. Bring to a boil.
- Allow eggs to boil six minutes and submerge into ice bath.
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Saute garlic until fragrant.
- Add green beans and splash with a bit of stock. Steam for a couple minutes.
- Add kale, again splash with stock, steam until just wilted.
- Remove from heat and toss with a dash of soy and fish sauce.
- Peel eggs and add on top of greens.
- Sprinkle with chili flakes.