While I’ve never met a carb that I didn’t like, green rice was a new experiment for me. Not a beans and rice kinda girl, green rice seemed like a logical alternative. Plus, it was green so basically a vegetable. This green rice goddess of What’s Gaby Cooking was originally part of a larger bowl on her site. She really never fails to deliver a fantastic addition to the recipe repertoire and is one of my fav discoveries of quarantine.
This was a huge hit with both adults and kiddos and couldn’t have been easier to prepare in advance. Try it for your next Taco Bar Tuesday.
Gaby’s Green Rice
- 2 c. white (or brown if you must) rice
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 c. packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- Cook rice according to package instructions, including bouillon.
- Pulverize all other ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper if needed.
- Toss cooked and fluffed rice with vinaigrette.
- Vinaigrette can be made a day or two in advance and re-whisked prior to making rice.