First thing’s first: I don’t care much for corn. However the success of my street cauliflower and the visit of my wee niece and nephew had me recreating the dish for something simpler and more traditional- corn. It was a hit! I even liked it. What I didn’t like were the corn ‘hairs’ as I like to call them – silk if you’re fancy. How on earth do you get rid of those things?? Maybe there really is something to frozen corn, but it is summertime, fresh corn it had to be, hairy and all.
Torchy’s Tacos Copycat Street Corn
- 7 ears of fresh corn on the cob
- 3 T. mayo
- 3 T. sour cream
- 1 T. lime juice
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper if you’re feisty
- Salt & pepper to taste
- To garnish: 1/4 c. crumbled queso fresco
- To garnish: 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
- Cut your corn kernels off of the cob and de-hair your corn (good luck).
- Add a little vegetable oil to a large pan over high heat. Saute corn until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove corn from stove and toss with mixture of mayo, sour cream, chili powder, and lime juice.
- Season to taste and garnish.