My loves, I miss you! I think about you and writing all the time, but it’s all been a bit full on lately, hasn’t it? I haven’t been cooking, like at all. Minor lie, Monday I decided to braise a pork roast and ended up throwing the entire thing straight into the garbage, it was such a flop. Quarantine life. I haven’t been travelling, socializing, and definitely not drinking much limoncello which is exactly why I need to drown it a baked good…because I’m not baking these days either.
Cookies. I can still not jack up a simple cookie. Here’s a lovely, stupidly simple new recipe for summer. I froze mine and can attest that they’re a bright bite to end a meal.
- 3/4 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon’s worth of lemon zest
- 1/4 c. limoncello
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheets with parchment or silpat.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add egg, lemon zest, and limoncello until no lumps remain.
- Slowly add in flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined.
- Bake 9-11 minutes until baked.
- Freeze once cooled. Trust me.