Need something to impress your luvah (orrrrrrr just yourself) and have nothing in the fridge? Thought so. I imagine that’s why Gaby whipped up this insanely gorgeous, impressive, and oddly simple recipe just for the occasion of Sunday morning luvah-land.
Gaby’s Omelette Edit
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1 T. parmesan
- Salt & pepper
- 1 T. chopped chives or scallions
- 3 T. shredded Italian cheese (blend, provolone, or fontina)
- 1 T. butter
- Break eggs, separating them, leaving yolks in the smaller of the two bowls.
- Stir into the yolks- parmesan, chives, salt, and pepper.
- In larger bowl, beat egg whites with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold half of the egg whites in the egg yolks. When white streaks disappear, then gently fold in the other half.
- Melt 1 T. of butter in an 8″ pan over medium-high heat.
- Pour in egg mixture and then sprinkle shredded Italian cheese on top.
- Cover 8″ pan with a tight fitting lid.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, until eggs are steamed and cooked through.
- Folk omelette in half and slide onto plate.
- Sprinkle with additional chives and salt and pepper.