My favorite read of quarantine has been What’s Gaby Cooking’s newest cookbook, “Eat What you Want!” Again, makes me wonder why I am just starting my relationship with her and how I don’t own the others yet!
As I’ve made my way through her book, I have been saving her guacamole recipe for Cinco de Mayo. It was so wonderful, I was forced to make it again just a couple nights later. My partner in quarantine declared it best ever, and I agree. Gaby, I love you so much, but I’ve made a few tweaks to your recipe. Thank you for this most outstanding starting point!
Best served with a sprinkle of Trader Joe’s Chili-Lime seasoning and a giant Ranch Water.
Garlicky Twisted Gaby Guac
- 3 large ripe avocados- buy one extra in case you hit a bad one!
- Juice of one lemon
- Juice of one lime
- Kosher salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 T. (or one whole package) of chives, finely chopped
- 1/2 of a jalapeno, finely chopped.
- Garnish with other half of the jalapeno and a sprinkle of Trader Joe’s Chili-Lime Seasoning
- Place avocado guts in a bowl. Top with salt, pepper, lemon juice, and lime juice.
- Mash until all is combined.
- Stir in onion, chives, garlic, and jalapeno.
- Serve immediately and keep it green by burying an avocado pit in the middle.