On Saturday a lovely bottle of champagne found its way to my doorstep. It would have been wrong not to bring it in and keep it very close to me during these trying times, so that is exactly what I did. This probably explains why I never got around to plating the Sweet Miso-Butter Cod and Snap Peas that I was making, again from Cravings: Hungry for More.
She isn’t pretty, but she was absolutely delicious, so I’ll share the recipe. Maybe next time my champers glass won’t be so full and I’ll remember a plate. No promises though.
Sweet Miso-Butter Cod and Snap Peas
- For the Cod:
- 2 6oz. filets of cod
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 T. Spicy-Garlic Miso Butter
- 1/4 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 c. sake (or white wine)
- 1/2 pound snap peas with ends trimmed
- For the Spicy-Garlic Miso Butter:
- 1 stick unsalted butter at room temp – very important
- 1/2 c. white miso
- 2 T. minced chives
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Make the Spicy-Garlic Miso Butter by mashing all the ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Preheat your broiler to low if possible. If not, just preheat it.
- Season fish with salt and pepper.
- In an oven-safe skillet, combine miso butter, brown sugar, sake, and 1 tablesoon of water. Stir over medium heat until combined.
- Place fish in skillet and cook until bottom 1/2″ of fish is opaque, about 4 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over fish and add snap peas to skillet.
- Place under broiler until the top of the fish is caramelized, about 4-8 minutes.