Chicken Larb Bowls was my first recipe from What’s Gaby Cooking. The recipe were absolutely delicious and very easy to make. I served my larb over coconut rice on day one and ate it over salad greens the rest of the week. It was so good, in fact, that I’ll be making it again tomorrow – that’s twice in one week if you’re counting at home. Her website kept closing and losing my place while I was cooking, so I store it here for our easy reference.
Chicken Larb Bowls with Quick Pickles
- 4 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. rice vinegar
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- A bunch of kale, chopped & de-stemmed, the more the better
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2-3 T. soy sauce
- 1-2 T. sambal oelek
- 1 T. brown sugar
- Make your quick pickles while you cook the chicken- combine cucumbers, onion, and vinegar in a plastic container. Shake to coat vegetables in vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the kale until it is wilted, about 8 minutes. Sprinkle with salt.
- Remove kale from skillet and set aside.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook, breaking it apart into crumbles as you go. Cook through about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and onion, cook for another minute.
- Add soy sauce, sambal oelek, and brown sugar. Stir until combined.
- Return kale to the skillet and combine.
- Serve over rice or greens.