Soup’s on for the next three weeks! That’s right, we have temporary veneers up in this mouth and they have broken once already, so a mandatory no chewing law is in order. This is the hottest tomato soup on the block- all other tomato soups must step aside! This is SUPERMODEL soup. Mad hot. Straight off the runways of the Teigan/Legend household.
Creamy Tomato Soup
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 28oz. can of whole San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 c. low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Kosher salt & black pepper
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- In a Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook another minute.
- Add the tomatoes, broth, sugar, 1 tsp. salt & pepper.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Let soup could for a few minutes and then pulverize with an immersion blender or pour into a food processor.
- Add heavy cream and blend into soup.