Sick of the usual holiday cookies? Have a bunch of leftover snacks to use up? Let me introduce you to the Chrissy Teigan Chex Mix cookie. Well, if she hasn’t already…
First up, make yourself a vodka soda and taste test your snacks to ensure quality freshness or at least an OK bar snack.
Then, destroy them.
The cookies start as balls, then are pushed into discs where more crunchy Chex goodness is sprinkled on top.
It’s fun that the cookies vary in size and flavor. Maybe one bite is an old Bagel chip part, another a breadstick, or perhaps even a chocolate chip! The recipe for these cookies could simply be chocolate chip with a cup of Chex thrown in. Easy and a surprise for all cookie eaters in your house.
Chrissy Teigan’s Chex Mix Cookies
- 1.5 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 c. light brown sugar
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1.5 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- 1 c. Chex mix, plus more for sprinkling on top.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and sugar in mix until well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add in salt, baking soda, and flour.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Stir in Chex mix.
- Roll dough into balls then gently flatten into discs.
- Sprinkle additional Chex mix onto cookie discs and gently push in.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes.