Chrissy, girl. Friend I’ve never met, spirit animal, sister from another mister, and kitchen diva… I love you. I love your recipes… I LIKED this one. It was tasty, it was easy, it tasted like a comforting piece of home. BUT IT WASN’T SPICY ENOUGH. Not even close. I realize you wrote Cravings 2 when you were preggo… but hook a lady up on how to kick this up a notch. This was so easy and nice that it will stay in regular rotation, but I’ll definitely be cranking up the heat. Maybe you’ll read this and tell me how? Hahahaaha, a girl can dream.
Without further ado…. chicken and veg over rice in a just thick enough broth. Perfect for when you’re getting sick, which I was.
Broth was delectable. Just please send more heat.
Red Curry Chicken
- 2 lb. boneless chicken thighs
- Kosher salt & pepper
- 2 T. canola oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 T. ginger minced (or paste if you’re lazy like me)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 T. Thai red curry
- 13.5 oz. can of coconut milk
- 2 T. light brown sugar
- 1 T. fish sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium potato, cut into 1″ chunks
- 2 c. broccoli, roasted or steamed depending on what you like
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 jalepeno chopped
- Jasmine rice to serve over
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a Dutch oven, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken 5 minutes per side. (Chicken does not need to lay flat in pot). Remove chicken from pot.
- Add onion to pot and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, and curry paste. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, brown sugar, and fish sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and cook about 2 minutes.
- Stir in potato and bell peppers.
- Return chicken to pot and cook the whole bit for 20-25 minutes until chicken and potato are cooked through.
- Stir in cooked broccoli, salt and pepper to taste, and jalapeno. Simmer another three minutes.
- Serve over jasmine rice.