This might be the strangest summer on record. Unless it was on a holiday weekend, I didn’t hit a single moment at any pool. There were no key lime pies. There were no melony, buratta-y, fresh tomato-y salads. I don’t have an inkling of what the song of the summer is. And bathing suit body? Of course, that never happened. Now it’s September. What.the.hell.
No sense stressing over what you can’t control, but what you can control is pie. Glorious, graham-crackery, tart, Key Lime Pie. Side note: why don’t people use this description for women, “she’s Key Lime fine.” Like she’s tart with fun flaky edges. Girl clearly has attitude! As did the one bit of manufactured summer.
Meow! Pretty sure this above-ground pool view looks like an Arian Grande wig, but whatever, I’m into it. Plus, I never get to use these plates.
Oh yeah. Key Lime Fine.
Joe & Nelly – Not a Hip Hop Mashup, but rather, Key Lime Fine.
I like it thick. Double everything.
- 1.25 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 c. shredded coconut flakes
- 5 T. melted unsalted butter
Key Lime Fine Pie
- 1 14oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c. Joe & Nellie’s Key Lime Pie juice
- 3 egg yolks
- Mix all the pie ingredients together. Press into pie plate.
- Bake at 350F for 9 minutes.
- In an electronic mixer bowl, combine pie guts ingredients.
- Allow pie crust to cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour guts into pie. Cook another 12 minutes.
- Cool on counter ~ 30 minutes.
- Place in fridge to cool a couple hours, or better if overnight.
- Serve with an abundance of Reddi Whip.