Ok, so I actually do understand that the intention of having an Air Fryer is not use less oil and blah blah blah…But… PRETZELS.
Hardly the healthiest recipe, but I was so curious at the apparent ease of this, I just had to give it a try. Full disclosure: your kitchen may end up looking like a meth lab at the end of your first experiment. Exhibit A…
But the end result! All crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside!
Also, excellent vehicles for Ranch or cheesy goodness.
Air Fryer Pretzel Bites
- 1 can of refrigerated canned biscuit dough
- 1 T. baking soda
- 2 T. melted butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Bring a small pot with water and baking soda to a simmer.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters and roll into a ball.
- Drop each ball into the simmering water, in batches of 12, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove dough balls onto a plate.
- Drizzle melted butter onto dough balls.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cook batches in air fryer at 400F. Cook about 3-4 minutes, then flip (jiggle basket) and cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt.