Pop this in your mouth! Just your mouth. Only your mouth. Don’t touch your eyes, nose, open cuts, or netherlands for days after prepping this. I won’t share which combination of mistakes I made with this…. I do not know what on earth happened, but I purchases either the hottest batch of jalapenos or perhaps, Serrano peppers? Uncertain, I proceeded to serve this at a brunch anyway and demand my friends eat it anyway, even if they were going to jalapeno cry about it.
Turns out, it didn’t take much convincing and everyone loved this recipe which I loved because it was something a little different. Not to mention, it was green for St. Pat’s and this girl loves a damn theme. Try it for yourself, just watch what breed of peppers you’re buying, or you may end up crying.
Jalapeno Popper Casserole
- 12 eggs
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. arugula pesto (it’s in your freezer)
- 5 jalapenos, seeds & ribs removed, thinly sliced
- 10oz. bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2oz. cream cheese
- 1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded.
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease 9×13″ baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, 1/2 c. cheddar, salt & pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into baking dish.
- Pinch off small nips of cream cheese and drop throughout egg mixture.
- Sprinkle most of the jalapenos on top of the casserole, reserving a few for a garnish.
- Bake for 35 minutes, then top with bacon crumbles then remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake another 10-20 minutes until center is set.
- Garnish with jalapenos or as desired and serve.