Just in time for St. Pat’s, or Dr. Seuss Week…I understand that is a thing…? Here is a very festive way to clean out your fridge – a green eggs and ham egg bake.
First, you’re going to take that bag of arugula that you bought a week ago and didn’t really touch and turn it into pesto. Then, you find all the other bits and bobs floating around and toss them together for a breakfast of champions. This egg bake featured a few chopped scallions, the end of a bell pepper, a few slices of ham diced up, and a couple links of turkey sausage.
- 6 c. packed, arugula
- 3/4 c. Parmesan
- 1/2 c. slivered almonds (really could be any nut you have on hand)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- pinch of Kosher salt
- ~1 c. olive oil
- Combine arugula, Parmesan, almonds, garlic, and salt in a food processor. Run processor until combined.
- While running, slowly pour in the olive oil. I used about a cup, but you may use more or less depending on the consistency you’re after.
- You can freeze this right away and use it for later – either in one container and scoop out a bit at a time or in smaller containers for individual use.
- If using right away, squeeze in half of a lemon to brighten this even further.
- Take the bit of pesto that did not pour easily out of the bowl, and scrape it into a few whisked eggs for an egg bake. Adds incredible flavor (and color).
- Whisk eggs and pesto together and pour over random fridge ingredients in a greased baking pan. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Boom. Two culinary treats in one.
One Comment Add yours