Oh haiiii. I’m back from Maine and have gone from hipster food blowout sesh to what if we just gave Whole 30 a try? At least during the week…. So, in an effort for my pants to stop hurting, the first recipe I tried was so tasty that I ended up making it for lunch two weeks in a row. That’s right, Hawaiian Chicken Burgers! Because if you can’t travel to an island alllll the time, you may as well snack on theme.
Well, they ain’t pretty and you have to pan fry them in oil since there’s no fat in them…
Looking better all browned up.
Finally, oil patted off and atop a bed of greens.
Seriously, this is the easiest recipe ever, and your pants will send you a please and thank you.
From Maine to Hawaii Chicken Burgers
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 1/2 c. canned pineapple tidbits (do NOT use fresh, or they won’t hold together)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 T. Tamari
- 3 T. almond flour
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
- Take a plate and cover with wax paper.
- Form chicken mixture into 4 patties and place on plate.
- Freeze patties (on plate) for 15 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken patties, about 4 minutes per side.
That’s it! A trip to Hawaii in just under half an hour and 200 calories.