Ugh, you guys, I am still pawing through the new Chrissy Tiegan cookbook for non-rice, meaty, cheesy, crunchy bits in favor of….salad. That’s right, my second recipe from the newest Super Model bible was Chrissy’s Tangy (Herby) Slaw. I was kind of OK with it, since her Asian chicken salad was one of my go-to’s from book one. This is like it’s spunkier kid sister- really bright, and flexible. Take that as you like.
Look at all that crunchy, rainbow goodness! Oh and some chicken.
- 1/2 head of red cabbage, shredded
- 1 head of Napa cabbage, shredded
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 c. shredded carrots
- 2/3 c. chopped nuts (Trader Joe’s chili-lime cashews, I see you)
- 1/4 c. chopped mints
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
- 1/4 c. chopped basil
- 1/4 c. toasted sesame seeds
**Macarons and Mayhem omits these ingredients because her herbal plants were barren.
- Toss all the salad ingredients together.
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1/3 c. rice vinegar
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. honey
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 1 T. sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Put all ingredients in a well sealed container and shake it, sister.