After a weekend of hurricane carboloading ( you know, for strength?) it was time to get back to veggies n’ thangs. I whipped up a big batch of a Thai inspired salad that was supposed to have a couple cups of quinoa mixed into it, but I can behave….sometimes. So all veg it is!
Can you hear that crunch just looking at it?
This was super easy and satisfying; I suggest you get right on this.
Thai Quinoa Salad- Sans Quinoa
- One head of purple cabbage, shredded
- One red bell pepper, diced
- One cup of shredded or shoestring carrots
- 1-2 cups of cooked edamame
- Chopped cashews or peanuts (Trader Joe’s chili lime cashews are the bomb).
- Cilantro or green onions to flavor
For the Dressing…
- 1/4 c. peanut butter
- 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 3 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. siracha
- 1-2 T. of water
- Mix up all the salad ingredients. Boom
- Microwave peanut butter for about 30 seconds. Mix until smooth.
- Mix in all other ingredients except for water.
- Thin as needed with water.
Seriously, this was delicious! And beautiful. 🙂