You know what’s freaky? Quinoa. It’s like risotto with creepy tails. The sperm of the small pasta world. I never know what to make of it or what those tails really are. And don’t even get me started on the quinoa from hell, red quinoa. Racism is rampant in the superfood world and I don’t know how to shake it.
But this is a start.
Can you think of a better way to prep for a hurricane than cleaning out your fridge of any freshness still in there? Roast that ish up and toss it in some quinoa for a surprisingly delicious salad that is almost fun because carbs (with tails).
Great clean out your fridge, ‘garbage salad.’
Roasted Veggie Quinoa Salad
- One old eggplant
- Some spinach, wilting or otherwise,
- Tiny carton of cherry tomatoes
- Any other dodgy veggies you’re trying to extinguish
- 4 oz. feta
- 2 c. quinoa
1. Turn oven to 400F.
2. Roast eggplant, cubed, and cherry toms, halved. Glug them with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Leave them for many 20 minutes, tossing once in the middle.
3. Cook 2 cups of quinoa according to box instructions.
4. Remove veggies from oven and allow to cool.
5. Chop spinach, dice cucumber.
6. Mix it all up into a beautiful, superfood mess. Pretend you’re eating pasta.
Serve over a bed of arugala, spinach, or just eat from the container.