If you’re a loyal devotee of funk food, you know that you can make pancakes with protein powder. They taste just like the real thing and are like, really healthy. (I’m sure). I finally ran out of my boring old, vanilla protein powder and recently purchased individual packets of cinnamon toast crunch protein powder. Oh hell, yes! Quest bars are great, so I figured the powdered version wouldn’t be disgusting either. I was right! Five star Amazon review.
Check it… You can turn your breakfast from this…..
Into this! With just an old peach and some new powder. Maybe they aren’t the prettiest, but they are chock full of peaches (and a few nuts), and I assure you that they are DELICIOUS. Real funky.
Peachy Keen Protein Pancakes
(so easy, a meathead could do it)
Makes 2-3 pancakes
For peach compote:
- 1 old peach, diced
- 1 T. chopped walnuts
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 pat of butter
For basic pancakes:
- 1 scoop/packet of protein powder – any flavor will do
- 1 egg
- 1 T. water
Note: if using a basic protein flavor like vanilla, I’d suggest adding a pinch of salt and also a drop of vanilla or almond extract.
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat.
- Add diced peach, nuts, cinnamon and saute until fruit is soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Mix basic pancake mix together.
- Heat the tiniest bit of oil or butter in a nonstick pan.
- Place small pancake-sized piles of peach mixture in pan.
- Slowly pour batter on top of peach piles.
- Cook on each side about 2 minutes.
That’s it. A seemingly indulgent, hot brekky in literally 10-ish minutes.
Now if you’re into maple syrup, that might change this funk food game, but I’m not telling.