I made these asparagus puff pastry bundles for a far-too-decadant side for early Valentine’s Day dinner last weekend. The leftovers have been a fun dinner when eaten with a simple green salad. I mean they are basically puff pastry pizza, so what could really go wrong?
Without further ado, here’s another easy (and make-ahead recipe).
Asparagus Puff Pastry Bundles
- bundle of asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 1 T. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 6-8 slices of pancetta
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 T. of water
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Trim woody ends from asparagus, toss in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Figure out how many bundles you’ll be making, two to three spears of asparagus per bundle.
- Roll out puff pastry a bit and cut into 6-8 equal sized squares, depending on your number of bundles.
- Combine egg and water in a small bowl and brush onto top of puff pastry.
- Top each square with a slice of pancetta.
- Then, top with 2-3 squares of asparagus.
- Sprinkle asparagus with Parmesan cheese.
- Wrap corners over the top of asparagus, creating an envelope.
- Seal with egg wash.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until puff pastry is golden.