Our third destination was our splurge of the trip and the one we were both most excited about – the insanely gorgeous, 353 Degrees North. The villa is located on a hill-top of the neighboring island of Nusa Lembongan and it mockingly looks across the sea at Mount Agung, the rude volcano that had been threatening to derail our trip.
The trek was just a 30 minute ferry from Sanur. The villa offered free transport to the ferry in some areas and was a small fee from Ubud. Everything was very timely, but the ferry was nauseating. Cramped and without much air circulation. Watch out if you’re easily sea sick.
The villa itsself looked like some modern vision straight out of Greece.
Another mostly open living/kitchen space. I don’t think this view would EVER get old.
The best reading chair in the world. Wished I could buy one and bring it home, but it would fill up an entire room of my apartment.
Oh, and the villa was kind enough to honor a honeymoon package they were featuring on their website. That meant a great rate, swans, roses, so many roses, a couples’ massage, and dinner on the rooftop one night. Divine! My friend let me keep the room with the flowers while she had the other two bedrooms to herself.
Rooftop honeymoon dinner. Amazing!
The woodwork and details were just incredible.
The biggest problem was the no hands commuting of cubes across the pool to wine.
Villa 353 Degrees North came with some great features you may miss in all of your salivating over their gorgeous photos:
- An incredible, caring staff. We had help ordering food, arranging massages, with transportation to snorkeling. We didn’t know we were going to need any of this, so it was wonderful to have someone make our vacation that much more lovely.
- Filtered water and ice- a big deal!
- A stocked fridge and pantry, but that can be custom stocked if you tell them in advance. Wish I would have realized this in before our trip.
- Two lovable pups that were mostly out of the way. Whoever complains about these dogs is mad. They were barely even hung out with us.
- Restaurant delivery- awesome because you aren’t going to want to leave.
- Massage delivery- King size roof top bed is the perfect spot for such an indulgence.
- Transport to town via staff scooter. So fun!
- In house laundry service. $0.50 a top! Keeps the packing light.
Truly this villa was an incredible find. I am so glad that we stayed here and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it to anyone visiting Bali. Nusa Lembongan and 353 Degrees North certainly delivered as our favorite part of the trip. Restful, beautiful, and truly one of those places that will remain a gorgeous memory for the rest of your life.