Looking for a drink that’s so multipurpose that it could have you… texting an ex (if you needed an excuse), getting arrested for public indecency, planning dope adventures, spending too much money, DJing at a strange party, and rewatching SATC a decade too late….All at the same damn time? Does it also need to be refreshing and so refined that it’s the Barefoot Contessa’s recipe? Never want to be tempted to drink Limoncello without vodka inside of it again? Does it need to be made in a pitcher to liven up a party? THIS IS YOUR NEW FAVORITE DRINK! Come over soon, because it’s mine too.
Limoncello Vodka Collins
Mayhem Note: Be sure to rim your glass with sugar and salt for that sweet and salty mix that keeps you coming back for more.
- 1½ cups good vodka, such as
Grey GooseSvedka is fine too. Or whatever is in the freezer.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (6 lemons)
- 6 tablespoons sugar syrup —– Mayhem says this doesn’t matter. Give it the rim job instead.
- ¼ cup Italian Limoncello liqueur — finally a use for this sh*t I bought to impress a dude!
- 1½ cups cold club soda,
such as Pelligrinogeneric club to complement your Svedka
- Ice cubes – have extra on hand for when you need to make an extra pitcher or two.
- Sliced lemon, for serving
Combine the vodka, lemon juice, sugar syrup, and Limoncello in a large pitcher. Just before serving, pour in the club soda and stir. Fill highball glasses with ice and pour the mixture over the ice. Garnish each drink with a slice of lemon and serve cold.
Copyright 2014, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved