This is a Momofuku Milk Bar recipe (purportedly) that is (purportedly) more addictive than crack. I whipped up dinner for my neighbor last weekend and we had this for dessert. He took the leftovers home in (his) dirty Tupperware that had previously housed egg rolls. He claims that this recipe was so good it didn’t matter.
Oatmeal cookie crust on the outside and Nutella filling in the middle? I mean….
The leftovers make great ice cream topping….
Any excuse to use my favorite tart pan is good by me.
Baking results in a fun “surface-of-the-moon” finish.
How easy was that?
Nutella Crack Tart
Oat Cookie Pie Crust:
- 9 T. butter, room temp
- 5 1/2 T. Brown Sugar
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c. plus 2 Tbls. rolled oats
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt1) Preheat oven to 350F, line a large baking pan with parchment paper, and spray with nonstick spray.
2) In a mixer, beat together 6 Tbls of the butter, 4 Tbls. of the brown sugar, and 2 Tbls. of sugar until light a fluffy.
3) Add the egg and continue to beat in throughly.
4) Add the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and beat until well blended.
5) Spread oat mixture out onto a parchment lined baking sheet and cook for 15-18 minutes until done. Remove and cool cookie completely.
- 6) When the cookie is cool, break into crumbs and add to a large bowl along with 3 Tbls. butter and 1 1/2 Tbls. brown sugar. Rub together with fingertips until crumb mixture is moist enough to hold together in a clump when squeezed in your hand.
- 7) Spread mixture out into a lined baking tart pan (or two, depending on size) and using fingers press crumbs onto the bottom and sides to form a pie shell (use the flat bottom of a cup or glass to help press in.)
NUTELLA CRACK PIE FILLING:
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. plus 3 Tbls. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. Nutella
- 1/2 c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 8 egg yolks
- *powdered sugar for garnish*1) Preheat oven to 350F. In a mixing bowl, whisk together sugars and salt.2) Whisk in Nutella, cream and vanilla on low speed
- 3) Whisk in egg yolks on low speed, to not add too much air, and combine well (this will appear to be very loose).
4) Divide filling into pie shells, and bake for 15 minutes, then reduce oven temp. to 325F and continue to cook for about 15-20* minutes until center is not too jiggly.
5) Cool on a rack, then keep in fridge for a couple hours. This is at its best when served chilled.
2 Comments Add yours
I absolutely love nutella Lol!