I spent a nice chunk of Thanksgiving weekend addressing my little brother as a sprout. He then started calling my nephew a sprout who then called quite a few of us sprouts. In honor of this festive nickname, I tried a new Brussel sprout recipe that was most delicious – and quite easy too.
You’re a Sprout Sprouts
- 2 lbs. Brussel sprouts, cleaned and halved
- 1 carmelized shallot or onion
- 8 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 6 slices of crispy bacon, diced
- 2 T. Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Dried cranberries, if you’re really festive
- Pre-heat oven to 425F.
- Toss sprouts, onion, garlic, bacon, olive oil in a bowl. Mix together with hands until sprouts are coated in oil.
- Spread mixture between two jelly roll trays.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until sprouts are crispy.
- Relocate sprouts to serving bowl and top with cranberries if desired.
There, now you’re a Sprout!