Your Friday night side chick (or f*@k boy) is now a fake pizza. It’s like your main pizza, but offers you things he can’t..like…multiples…err multiple servings of vegetables and very few carbs. Maybe there could be a serious relationship here after all?
I make this dish A LOT. And every time I make it, I think I should really share it with the world. So, here’s a health(ier) alternative to your local slice of pepperoni. Just don’t tell your main thang.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2/3 c. flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 550F.
- Line pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Shred zucchini in grating function of food processor.
- Stir shredded zucchini with salt.
- Set shredded zucchini/salt mixture on top of cheesecloth and wrap into a cloth-covered ball. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Wring as much of the water out of the zucchini through the cheesecloth and then discard cloth.
- Place zucchini back in a bowl and combine with flour, eggs, and mozzarella. (You can also season with garlic and salt/pepper, but I just wait for the toppings).
- Spread mixture onto parchment paper covered pizza pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until edges have browned and you can lift the bottom with a spatula.
- Remove from oven and top with desired toppings. You can use anything, but the best combo is as follows:
- One head of roasted garlic, spread on top as a base
- One fresh tomato, sliced
- 4oz. of prosciutto, torn
- 1 Carmelized onion
- Fresh mozzarella
- Top the whole bit with a handful (or so) of shredded mozzarella
- Bake for another 10-12 minutes, until toppings have browned.