Those step-by-step blog posts where there are 20 photos of an egg being beaten into a bowl of something, then the bowl, then an oven shot, and on and on and on……just ugh. It takes 20 minutes to find the damn recipe.
I’ve tried to keep my musings free of the sausage making photos, but I had to share a few in this instance. Because, well, bacon penises.
Bacon Breakfast Ring!
- 1/4 c diced onion
- 1/4 c diced sweet peppers
- 6 eggs
- 8 slices of cooked bacon
- 8 croissant dough triangles, from a tube
- 1 c shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Scramble eggs with onion, peppers, salt and pepper. Cool a few minutes.
- Arrange croissant triangles in a star shape on a sheet of parchment.
- Place one bacon slice on each triangle. Tear off longer bits of bacon and sneak elsewhere onto the croissant.
- Top bottom part of croissant with 1/2 c shredded cheese, making a ring shape.
- Spread scrambled eggs on top of cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 c of cheddar.
- Roll up long croissant “star points” and tuck them under the eggs to secure.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Slice between croissants with pizza cutter and enjoy.
* This can also be made the night before and baked the following day.