This was my second batch of healthy “pancakes” this week! The Chap and I have been snacking on them like the protein-craving monsters that we are of late. I’ve made this recipe both with eggs and just egg whites. Definitely go with the eggs if you can. Saves the batter consistency and flavor in one single bound!
Healthy Protein Pancakes
Makes about 10 pancakes
- One overly ripe banana, mashed
- 1.5 c. old-fashioned oats
- 2 eggs or 4 egg whites – (use eggs!)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 vanilla
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- Spray a pan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Sccop 1/4 cups of batter into hot pan. Cook until desired darkness and middle is firm.
- That’s it!
*Note: The blueberries tend to ‘runaway’ from the pancakes as you flip. Flip slowly.
**Another Note: We have had these for breakfast with the traditional pancake acoutrements; however, I like them better at room temperature, eaten like a cookie, as a mid-morning snack. Just wrap one or two in foil and enjoy with coffee.