Consider breakfast this weekend taken care of with this seemingly giant, blueberry muffin. The creamy yet light texture impresses house guests from afar and live-in residents alike.
Blueberry (and Yogurt) Coffee Cake
Adapted from JuliasAlbum.com
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray or grease a clear 9″ pie plate. (You can also use a springform pan, but I hate washing them).
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until fulffy.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Starting with dry mixture, mix in half of flour, half of yogurt, half of flour, half of yogurt.
- Pour batter into pan
- Top with fresh blueberries
- Dot with crumb topping. (Recipe below).
- Bake approximately 25-30 minutes.
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 T unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Dash of salt
- Mix everything together.
- Crumble with fingers.