Deep into my health kick, I’ve found the most wonderfully simple dessert recipe… and just in time for Valentine’s Day! Finally, a dessert with the caloric verdict: Not Guilty!
This seriously takes five minutes to make and seems and tastes super impressive.
Berry Frozen Yogurt
- 4 c. frozen berries (I have tried all strawberries, but mixed berries offer a richer taste)
- 5 oz. Greek non-fat plain yogurt (Have also tried with vanilla. No major difference, so keep to the plain to keep sugars down)
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 3 T. honey
Pulse everything in your food processor for approximately 5 minutes, or until berries have been decimated. Then, stir in a few mini chocolate chips for good measure. Eat immediately or freeze for later. Oh la la!
If you really want to impress your sweetie’s sweet tooth, serve, with a lacey cookie (recipe below). Again, so easy! The batter is ready before the oven even heats up.
(Makes 12 cookies. Just enough for one baking sheet.)
- 2 TBSP unsalted butter
- 2 TBSP light brown sugar
- 1½ TBSP honey
- 2 TBSP AP flour
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line baking sheets with parchment or Silpat
- Melt butter, brown sugar and honey in a small saucepan
- Whisk in flour and salt
- Drop ½ tsp of batter onto baking sheets leaving about 3″ between as they spread a lot!
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 6 minutes
- Transfer Silpat or parchment to a wire rack to cool